Amy’s Kitchen boasts over 250 prepared meals that taste just as good as homemade. Amy’s uses traditional cooking methods, shaping pizza crusts by hand and slowly simmering soups. Sauces and gravies start with an old-fashioned roux. Discerning taste buds won’t get bored with Amy’s diverse lineup, which includes wraps, soups, veggie burgers and full entrees. Amy’s Kitchen spans cuisines too, from Indian curries to lasagnas, burritos and teriyaki bowls.
So choosing Amy’s Kitchen at mealtime not only means enjoying a taste of delicious food. You’ll also have the satisfaction of knowing what you’re eating has been sourced carefully, is made with honesty and is just plain good for you, too.
One lucky Foodism reader and a friend will embark on a three-day trip to San Francisco including airfare, accommodation and a specially curated food-lover's itinerary designed by the team at Amy's Kitchen. This trip is valued at $6,000.
To enter, just answer the question below!
The question is: How many prepared meals does Amy's Kitchen offer?
Competition closes: 3rd October 2017
By entering, you agree to receive Foodism's weekly newsletter that includes tips, competitions and the coolest food news in Toronto.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST CORRECTLY ANSWER A SKILL-TESTING QUESTION TO BECOME THE WINNER.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who correctly follow the instructions for entering and who have reached the age of majority in the entrant’s province (except residents of the Province of Québec) or territory of residence at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of Canada (except residents of the Province of Québec). Employees of Amy’s Kitchen, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as they relate to the Sweepstakes. By entering, you agree (1) to receive Foodism's weekly newsletter that includes tips, competitions and local food news; and (2) to receive email communications from Amy's Kitchen, Inc. You may unsubscribe to any of these at any time.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 10:00 AM PDT and ending Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM PDT (“Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM PDT.
4. Entry Conditions: To enter the Sweepstakes you must correctly answer a trivia question and provide your name and email address on the contest page located at https://www.foodism.to/competition/win-a-trip-for-two-to-san-francisco/ during the eligible Sweepstakes period. Only one entry is permitted per person per day; multiple entries in a single day will be void. No purchase is necessary to enter or win; and a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to these Official Rules will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Use of fraudulent methods or other attempts to circumvent these Official Rules will make you ineligible at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
5. Prize: There will be one winner of the Sweepstakes. The prize will be a trip for the winner and one (1) guest to fly to San Francisco, California. The trip package includes: coach-class air travel for the winner and guest from the major airport closest to the winner’s residence to SFO or OAK, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion (total air travel expenses not to exceed: $1,500 CAD; winner will be solely responsible for airfare costs exceeding $1,500 CAD), hotel accommodations (single room, double occupancy) for three nights at a hotel determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, transportation to and from the destination airport, and $500.00 CAD per day (a total of $1,500 CAD for the winner) for exploring the city. Approximate retail value of prize package: $4,000 CAD. Winner and guest are solely responsible for all expenses not specifically set forth as part of the prize including, but not limited to, meals, additional transportation, upgraded room accommodations, ground transportation other than that provided as part of the prize, hotel gratuities, hotel service charges, including telephone calls, internet access and dry cleaning, incidental expenses, insurance, and room service and mini-bar charges, souvenirs and other incidentals and items of a personal nature. No transfer of prize by winner is permitted, and no substitution of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older, unless winner is the parent/legal guardian of guest (and proven in a form and substance at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). The actual value of the trip prize will depend on airfare and hotel prices as well as point of departure. Any difference between the approximated value and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, or the prize will be automatically forfeited and may awarded to an alternate winner. All travel accommodations and arrangements will be at Sponsor’s discretion. Winner and the guest must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or the prize will be forfeited. Winner must travel before April 1, 2018, or the prize will be forfeited. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor.
Before being declared the confirmed winner, the selected entrant must:
1. correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and
2. sign and return within five (5) business days of notification the Sponsor's declaration and release form, which (among other things):
i. confirms compliance with these Official Rules;
ii. acknowledges acceptance of the prize as awarded;
iii. releases the Sponsor, and its respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable prize or any portion thereof; and
iv. agree to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address (city only), voice, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast, social media or the internet.
If a selected entrant fails twice to correctly answer the skill-testing question; fails to return the properly executed Sweepstakes documents (including the Sponsor's declaration and release form) within the specified time; and/or cannot or is, for any reason unable to, accept the Prize as awarded for any reason whatsoever; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected entrant). If the prize is declined by the selected entrant or winner, then the Sponsor reserves the right to not select another winner.
Each winner and guest must have valid travel documents prior to departure or Prize will be forfeited. Winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining and/or renewing travel documents in order to travel. The Sponsor assumes no liability for ensuring winner and/or guest are eligible/able to travel. Certain restrictions may apply to air travel, and air travel reservations are subject to availability. Air carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. The Sponsor assumes no liability for ensuring winner and guest can travel to the United States of America.
No changes will be permitted to travel dates or passenger names once the travel portion of prize has been booked.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected using a random drawing on Monday, October 2, 2017. Winner will be notified on or before Friday, October 6, 2017 by 11:59 PM PDT via an email sent to the email address provided in the sweepstakes entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive or respond to the email notification for any reason, including winners' privacy or security settings, spam or junk filters, or winner's provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner is ineligible, fails to respond to the email notification within seven (7) days from the time it was sent, fails to cooperate with Sponsor in its attempts to deliver the prize and/or book the trip, cannot be contacted for any reason, or fails to timely complete and return any declaration, release, or other document requested by Sponsor, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering the Sweepstakes you understand that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, modify, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, your name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation. If requested, you agree to sign any documentation required by Sponsor or its designees to make use of these rights.
9. Terms: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Official Rules. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to, entries from the same user in excess of the entry limit, or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The winner and their travel companion are responsible for all travel documents, including any other expenses not included or indicated in the Prize.
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor, unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Foodism, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (vi) any other irregularities including printing or typographical errors, lost, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries or for any software malfunctions of any kind or unavailable network, failed or incorrect communications caused by the sender or the equipment or programming.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND ONTARIO WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, where and to the extent permitted by law, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
By providing personal information, entrants consent to receive email communications from the Sponsor for the purposes of managing and administering the Sweepstakes, the awarding of the prize and as otherwise be related to, or necessary for, the prize.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Amy’s Kitchen, Inc. 1650 Corporate Circle, Suite 200, Petaluma CA, 94954, USA.