Make This: 360 Restaurant's Roasted Beet and Heirloom Carrot Salad
360 Restaurant's Executive Chef John Morris combines an array of winter veggies with a flavourful dressing for a salad that's as tasty and nourishing as it is visually appealing.
- 100g beets (red, golden and striped), cooked and sliced
- 30g heirloom carrot, slivered and blanched
- 3-4 small frisée lettuce leaves
- 1g radish sprouts
- 30 mL verjus vinaigrette
- 5 mL first-pressed canola oil
- 5 pieces crisp fried thin red onion rings
- 5 mL honey
- 5mL Dijon mustard
- 5g minced shallots
- 100 mL verjus
- 200 mL canola oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Crisp Fried Onion Rings
- 30g seasoned flour
- 5 red onion rings, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
To make the crisp fried onion rings, dredge rings in seasoned flour. Fry until crisp. Season with some kosher salt as they come out of fryer.
To make the verjus vinaigrette, combine honey, Dijon mustard, shallots and verjus in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in oil to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Dress liberally with verjus vinaigrette. Top with crisp fried onion rings.